Quality you can trust…
… and that’s no bull!
Contact us at 925.766.3817 today for your free estimate
Hardwood floor installation is a process. We won’t lie and tell you it can be done in a day. That is usually not the case unless you have a 300 or so square-foot room. Large pieces of floor don’t just get laid out and then voila … it’s done! Usually the installation will take 3-4 days from start to finish. If your slab or subfloor is level and there is not a lot of floor prep then the installation may be quicker.
There are several factors, but once we are ready to lay the hardwood, you will typically see it completed in 1 or 2 days. The extra days account for floor prep and the finishing touches. Many of our customers are able to remain in their home while we are working. We work to make the process as simple and easy as possible for you.
1. Call us to get a free estimate! Our estimate will include a consultation so you may go over any questions you may have. We will provide you with as much knowledge as possible to make an informed decision on your flooring. Often our customers will get a second or third estimate. They may be less; they may be more, but talk to us about it. However, please note that
That means that we may carry higher overhead than some contractors who may cut corners.
2. Once you have decided to install hardwood in your home and have chosen us to do the job, if you would like, we will help you to navigate the various choices of wood for your home. Because we do not directly sell the wood to you, we do not have a vested interest in the wood you choose and can therefore meet with you at several different retailers to go over selections. This not only gives you more options but also allows you to get the best price for the particular wood you are looking for. If you have already chosen a product then we will move on to the next step!
3. We will schedule the job. The date will depend on the availability of your wood and your schedule. We are flexible and can work around your needs. If weekends are easiest for you then we can arrange that!
4. Once we have a date to get started it will be helpful if you have moved sentimental or high value items to ensure their safety. We haven’t broken anything yet but would not want the first time to be your family heirloom.
5. The first day will be floor prep. This means that all furniture would be moved, old flooring pulled up and removed and depending on whether we are working on a concrete slab or subfloors, leveling will more than likely need to be worked on. This can take a couple of hours or a couple of days. Hopefully your floor is pretty level and we can get it completed quickly and move on to the more fun part! The baseboards would come off and more than likely we would have already gone over what sort of trim you would like installed. We will deliver your wood and get it opened so that the wood will have time to acclimate in your home.
6. Now that your floor is prepped and ready to go, we should be on the second day and will come in early and install the floor. It is best if everyone is out of the installation areas. If we are installing glue down the last thing you want to do is step in glue in your clean shoes or fuzzy slippers. It will not come out! Usually we are able to get an entire floor down in a day. If your floor is over 1300 square feet or has several direction changes or patterns then it may take a couple of days to install. Once the floor is down, you may walk on it but please take care… no sliding or running with scissors!
7. On the third day we clean up and detail the floor and complete all trim pieces. Sometimes home owners have other projects going which may prohibit us from full completion. We just reschedule and come back as is necessary until the job is complete and you, the customer, are satisfied.
So that is the basic process. There are many variables and we can go over them during the initial consultation. You are always welcome to call us at any time if you have any questions. It is our guarantee that we will not hide any costs from you. We understand that the majority of homeowners have had at least one bad experience with a contractor and you can be sure that your experience with us will bring you only happy results!